a perfect california landscape.
Join us for wine tasting or a glass of wine on our lawn overlooking the vineyard. Our giant oaks are equally inviting and a great place to picnic. If conversation or a rainy day escape is the priority, step up to our beautiful redwood bar. The Nicholson family and their tasting room staff are happy to share their love of wine and enthusiasm for the region with you. Join us for a tasting or special event on Saturdays 12-5 or plan a private event.
We offer 2 flights that provide a little something for everyone.
Premier Tasting- $10. Includes 5 specialty wines.
Reserve Tasting- $15. Highlights 5 estate and reserve wines.
Tasting fee refunded with the purchase of two bottles of wine.
We welcome you to enjoy our picnic tables under the oak trees and ask that you respect the following guidelines:
- Picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis with the exception of a reservation or private event.
- Out of consideration of all of our guests, picnic table use is limited to a maximum of two hours.
- Food is limited to picnic areas and not allowed in tasting room.
- No outside alcohol of any type is permitted on the grounds.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
To ensure everyone's safety and enjoyment, we respectfully request the following from our guests:
- The tasting room is open Saturdays 12-5 pm and Summer Fridays 3-8 pm (June 29th - August 3rd).
- Wine pouring ends at 5 pm.
- Reservations are appreciated for groups of 8 or more. See button above to make a reservation today!
- Tastings are complimentary for wine club members and 3 guests (up to four people).
- Enjoy table side service during our summer season (weather permitting).
- Consumption of alcohol on premise is limited to those who can prove they are at least 21 years old with valid identification.
- No outside alcohol is permitted on the property.
- Smoking is not permitted on the Estate grounds, including electronic cigarettes.
- Children must be supervised at all times. Wandering the property is dangerous and not allowed.
- Dogs are welcomed but must remain leashed. Owners are responsible for clean-up.
- Sports gear and/or toys (i.e. frisbees, baseballs, footballs) are not allowed on property.
- Please return Nicholson Vineyards' glassware to a staff memember or leave it in a designated area when finished.
- Please respect the private residence and grounds.
Nicholson Vineyards is located in Pleasant Valley, in the Corralitos foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains (4 miles east of Aptos Village). We are approximately 10 miles south of Santa Cruz and 30 miles north of Monterey.
From Monterey: North on Hwy 1 to Freedom Blvd. Right on Freedom Blvd. Left on Hames Rd. Left on Pleasant Valley Rd.
From San Francisco/Bay Area: South on Interestate 280. South on Interstate 880. South on Hwy 1 to Freedom Blvd. Left on Freedom Blvd. Left on Hames Rd. Left on Pleasant Valley Rd.